The Berkey PF-2 Element, or fluoride and arsenic reduction elements, work in conjunction with the Black Berkey Purification Elements to absorb unwanted elements found in drinking water.
- PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters.
- Adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water:
- Fluoride: Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Fluorosilicate, Fluorosilicic Acid (aka Hydrofluorosilic Acid).
- Arsenic: V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III.
- Other residual heavy metal ions.
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free.
- Sold in a set of 2.
- PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic reduction Filters are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey Purification Elements only.
- Attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit.
- Number of PF-2s in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey Purification Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey Purification elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters.
- Set of 2 PF-2 Filters need replacement after 1,000 gallons (3,785 liter) of use.
- Prime PF-2 Filters every three months to achieve the best performance.
- Due to excessive lead issue in Hong Kong, we recommend customer to replace PF-2 Filters every year.
Testing for fluoride was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm (11 lpm) per cubic foot of media. Results of < 1ppm of the fluoride ion in the effluent were typical for the media (>95% reduction). Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved (>99.75% reduction).
This product uniquely targets the entire family of arsenic oxide anions as well as the arsenic cations.
Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two Berkey PF-2 Elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters). The Royal Berkey system is about 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters) therefore the Berkey PF-2 Elements should be replaced after 1,000/3.25 (3,785/12.3) or 307 refills. If the system is refilled about one time per day, the Berkey PF-2 Elements should be replaced after 10 months; if the system is refilled about twice per day, the Berkey PF-2 Elements should be replaced about every five months). Actual capacity is dependent on the presence of other competing contaminants in the source water. High levels of fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals may reduce the capacity and efficiency of the elements.
Lab Report :
Media Information Download in PDF
How to prime and install the PF-2 Purification Elements?