[Limited Supply] Pre-order for first come first serve.
The versatile Big Berkey system is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies. This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements. Serving 1 to 4 people.
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters).
- Maximum filters in upper chamber : 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (Included 2 pcs).
- Maximum filters in lower chamber : 4 PF-2 Fluoride Filters (Optional) .
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey system can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey system can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Each Black Berkey Purification Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons (11,360 liters) of water before needing replacement; 2 filter elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 (22,720 liters) gallons of water before replacement is recommended.
- Prime Black Berkey every six months to achieve the best performance.
- Due to excessive lead issue in Hong Kong, we recommend customer to replace Black Berkey every three years.
Big Berkey Package Specification
- System includes upper and lower chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements , 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 1 lid, 1 knob, 1 spigot, 1 rubber casing, 2 blocking plugs.
- Diameter: 8.5 inch (21.6 cm) .
- Height when in use: 19.25 inch (48.9 cm) .
- Weight: 7 lbs (3.2 kg) empty.
Berkey Model Comparison
|Travel Berkey||Big Berkey||Royal Berkey||Berkey Light|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||PET|
|No. of Filter Included||2 Black Berkey||2 Black Berkey||2 Black Berkey||2 Black Berkey|
|Maximum No. of Filter||2||4||4||4|
|Suitable For Family Size||1-3||1-4||2-4||1-5|
|Sight Glass Spigot (Optional)||7.5" SGS||10" SGS||N/A|
|Base Stand (Optional)||Small Size||Medium Size||Large Size||Included|
Black Berkey Purification Elements Capability :
- Exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Remove 99.999% Viruses
- Remove 99.9999% Bacteria
- Remove 99.9% Lead
- Remove 99.9% Mercury
- Remove 99.8% Trihalomethanes (THMs)
- Remove Chlorine Residual and Inorganic Minerals
- Remove Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Pesticides
How to prime the Black Berkey Purification Elements?