Due to COVID-19 outbreak in United State, the Berkey factory has shut down the operation temporarily.
- No production
- No shipment
- No sales order
Inventory is unavailable globally until the issue is over.
Stay Health. Stay Safe.
The Berkey Light system is a lightweight unit designed for homes, offices, travel, outdoor activities, and during unexpected emergencies. This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements but can be expanded up to 4 elements. Serving 1 to 5 people.
- Constructed of a non-BPA/BPS co-polyester which does not leach foul tasting plasticizers into your water.
- Storage capacity of about 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters).
- Maximum filters in upper chamber : 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (Included 2 pcs).
- Maximum filters in lower chamber : 4 PF-2 Fluoride Filters (Optional) .
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements , the Berkey Light system can produce up to 4 gallons (15.2 liters) of purified water per hour.
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements , the Berkey Light system can produce up to 8 gallons (30 liters) of purified water per hour.
- Each Black Berkey Purification Elements is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons (11,360 liters) of water before needing replacement; 2 filter elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons (22,720 liters) of water before replacement is recommended; etc.
Berkey Light Package Specification
- System includes upper and lower chambers, a base, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements , 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 1 cloth lid, 1 spigot, 2 blocking plugs.
- Diameter: 9” (22.9cm) .
- Height when in use: 21" (53.4 cm) [without base] / 26.5" (67.1cm) [with base]
- Weight: 6 lbs (2.7kg) empty.
Berkey Model Comparison
|Travel Berkey||Big Berkey||Royal Berkey||Berkey Light|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||PET|
|No. of Filter Included||2 Black Berkey||2 Black Berkey||2 Black Berkey||2 Black Berkey|
|Maximum No. of Filter||2||4||4||4|
|Suitable For Family Size||1-3||1-4||2-4||1-5|
|Sight Glass Spigot (Optional)||7.5" SGS||10" SGS||N/A|
|Base Stand (Optional)||Small Size||Medium Size||Large Size||Included|
Black Berkey Purification Elements Capability :
- Exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Remove 99.999% Viruses
- Remove 99.9999% Bacteria
- Remove 99.9% Lead
- Remove 99.9% Mercury
- Remove 99.8% Trihalomethanes (THMs)
- Remove Chlorine Residual and Inorganic Minerals
- Remove Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Pesticides
How to prime the Black Berkey Purification Elements?