If you use a Discount Code ZVKA84 to purchase online before Oct 10th, you can enjoy 4% discount to the pre-order items.
The versatile Big Berkey system is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies. This system comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements. Serving 1 to 4 people.
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters).
- Maximum filters in upper chamber : 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (Included 2 pcs).
- Maximum filters in lower chamber : 4 PF-2 Fluoride Filters (Optional) .
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey system can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey Purification Elements, the Big Berkey system can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Each Black Berkey Purification Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons (11,360 liters) of water before needing replacement; 2 filter elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 (22,720 liters) gallons of water before replacement is recommended.
- Prime Black Berkey every six months to achieve the best performance.
- Due to excessive lead issue in Hong Kong, we recommend customer to replace Black Berkey every three years.
Big Berkey Package Specification
- System includes upper and lower chambers, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements , 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 1 lid, 1 knob, 1 spigot, 1 rubber casing, 2 blocking plugs.
- Diameter: 8.5 inch (21.6 cm) .
- Height when in use: 19.25 inch (48.9 cm) .
- Weight: 7 lbs (3.2 kg) empty.
Berkey Model Comparison
|Travel Berkey||Big Berkey||Royal Berkey||Berkey Light|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||PET|
|No. of Filter Included||2 Black Berkey||2 Black Berkey||2 Black Berkey||2 Black Berkey|
|Maximum No. of Filter||2||4||4||4|
|Suitable For Family Size||1-3||1-4||2-4||1-5|
|Sight Glass Spigot (Optional)||7.5" SGS||10" SGS||N/A|
|Base Stand (Optional)||Small Size||Medium Size||Large Size||Included|
Black Berkey Purification Elements Capability :
- Exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Remove 99.999% Viruses
- Remove 99.9999% Bacteria
- Remove 99.9% Lead
- Remove 99.9% Mercury
- Remove 99.8% Trihalomethanes (THMs)
- Remove Chlorine Residual and Inorganic Minerals
- Remove Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Pesticides
How to prime the Black Berkey Purification Elements?